FLYER HANCOCK'S SAWMILL 1895
Picture Ipswich
Reference ID
qips-2009-04-07-0025p.jpg
HANCOCK'S SAWMILL FROM OTHER SIDE OF RIVER 1880
Picture Ipswich
Reference ID
qips-2009-11-09-0020p.jpg
1930s
WORKING PLAN HANCOCK'S SAWMILL 1922
S5095
Source: Qld Railways Archives
AERIAL PHOTO OF HANCOCK'S SAWMILL 1935
Picture Ipswich Reference ID
WHD-013-NEG-0650
HANCOCK'S SAWMILL SITE FROM ABOVE.
QGIS vectors for 1910-1930s, Alister J Cameron
Underlay: Qld Globe via Ausmap
WOOLLEN MILS & HANCOCK'S SAWMILL FROM THE SOUTH-EAST c1930
As branch approaches the sawmill the original timber bridge can just be seen behind a gum tree.
Picture Ipswich
Document ID: 15010
HANCOCK'S SAWMILL LOOKING SOUTH TOWARDS THE ENTRANCE 1920s?
The large house beyond the entrance was part of the Woollen Mills complex.
Picture Ipswich
Reference ID
WHD-001-gpl-0007p.jpg
HANCOCK'S SAWMILL LOOKING TOWARDS THE NORTH 1920s?
Note the extensive use of sidings.
Picture Ipswich
Reference ID
qips-2009-06-23-0005p.jpg
HANCOCK BROTHERS ROLLING STOCK DATE UNKNOWN
Railway carriages were apparently constructed for Q.R. up until early 1930s
Picture Ipswich Reference ID
qips-2009-11-08-0005p.jpg
1970s-1990s
AERIAL VIEW OF WOOLLEN MILLS-SAWMILL AREA 1960s-70s
QGIS Vectors 1960s-70s Alister J Cameron
Underlay: Qld Globe via Ausmap
HANCOCK'S SAWMILL FROM ACROSS THE RIVER 1991
Picture Ipswich
Reference ID
qips-2011-09-27-0042p.jpg
BOILER HOUSE AREA HANCOCK'S SAWMILL 1991
Picture Ipswich
Reference ID
qips-2011-09-27-0038p.jpg
RAW TIMBER YARD
1991
Picture Ipswich
Document ID: 15753
HANCOCK'S SAWMILL ENTRANCE FROM BRANCH 1986
ARHS Tour
Paul de Sauty
Qld Gov Rways Days Gone By
SAME TOUR TRAIN FROM DIFFERENT ANGLE 1986
The Workshops Rail Museum
1North Ipswich. C1986. Keith McDonald Collection.
2000s
END OF BRANCH AT BOUNDARY OF SAWMILL EARLY 2000s
Photo: Alister J Cameron
FORMER RAIL ENTRANCE TO SAWMILL 2011
Photo: Alister J Cameron
EASTERN PORTAL OF CULVERT UNDER ENTRANCE TO MILL YARD 2022
Replaced original timber bridge. Shows major evidence of subsidence due to flooding.
Photo: Alister J Cameron
ALL ALONG THE RIVER BANK BELOW THE MILL SITE ARE DISCARDED CONTRUCTION MATERIALS 2022
Photo: Alister J Cameron
FRONT OF SAWMILL LOOKING TOWARDS WOOLLEN MILL SITE JUST PRIOR TO DEMOLITION 2011
Photo: Alister J Cameron
FRONT OF SAWMILL LOOKING TOWARDS THE NORTH 2011
Photo: Alister J Cameron
FORMER PLYWOOD BUILDINGS SHORTLY BEFORE DEMOLITION 2011
As can be seen from notices they had different purposes in later times.
Rails are still evident in the foundation of the right hand building.
Rail access to the site formerly passed the buildings on the right hand side.
Photo: Alister J Cameron
MILL IN PROCESS OF DEMOLITION 2012
Photo: Alister J Cameron
OLD DISCARDED BOILER ON MILL SITE DURING DEMOLITION 2012
Photo: Alister J Cameron
EVIDENCE OF SUBSIDENCE MILL SITE 2012
Subsidence following the 2011 floods was cited as the main reason that the mill closed and was demolished.
Photo: Alister J Cameron
RAILS SET INTO THE FLOOR OF THE FORMER PLYWOOD BUILDING 2017
Facing north.
Photo: Alister J Cameron
FURTHER NORTH; EVIDENCE OF THREE SETS OF RAILS 2017
One set is on left, mostly covered with concrete. On far right third set can just be seen.
Photo: Alister J Cameron
SAME SITE LOOKING SOUTH 2017
In distance on right is site of Plywood Shed. To the left is original rail entry to the site.
Photo: Alister J Cameron
CENTRAL PORTION OF MILL SITE LOOKING SOUTH-EAST 2012
Photo: Alister J Cameron
NORTHERN END OF MILL SITE LOOKING NORTH-EAST 2012
Photo: Alister J Cameron
RAISED RAILS AT FAR NORTH-EAST PART OF SITE 2017
Possibly related to some kind of gantry.
Photo: Alister J Cameron
LOOKING BACK SOUTH-WEST FROM THE RAILS OVER THE SITE 2017
Alister J Cameron
MILL NORTHERN END DURING DEMOLITION 2011
Wood shed is on right.
Photo: Alister J Cameron
INSIDE TIMBER SHED AT TIME OF DEMOLITION 2011
It would appear that a number of unused light rails were used on which to stack timber.
Photo: Alister J Cameron
NORTHERN EDGE OF RAISED MILL SITE 2017
Two sets of rails facing north; purpose unknown.
Would either have been between the Timber Shed and the wall or incorporated into it.
Photo: Alister J Cameron